Jonathan’s practice involves the defense of all types of employment-related lawsuits from inception to trial. He also regularly counsels employers regarding day-to-day personnel management issues, employee investigations, employee discipline, policies and procedures, and compliance with state and federal employment laws.
Jonathan represents employers ranging from large nationwide companies to small local businesses. He has significant experience with matters involving the Fair Employment and Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, retaliation, discrimination, harassment, trade secret and unfair competition law, and all related claims on behalf of private employers and public entities before government agencies and in state and federal courts. He has been particularly successful in obtaining summary judgment in courts throughout the State of California and regularly obtains favorable resolutions for the firm’s clients.
Admitted to Practice
United States District Courts:
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- B.S., Psychology, Cornell University (1983)
- Omicron Nu Honor Society
- J.D., George Washington University (1987)
California Court of Appeal
- Gosvener v. Coastal Corporation (1996) 51 Cal. App. 4th 805 (established standards for an employer’s reasonable accommodation of alcoholism under Labor Code Section 1025 and the Fair Employment and Housing Act)