Jessica has broad experience litigating claims of workplace discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, and other employment related claims under various state and federal laws. She handles claims in all stages, from case inception through trial, and practices in both state and federal court. She regularly responds to charges brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Department of Fair Employment and Housing, conducts workplace investigations, successfully compels matters to arbitration pursuant to arbitration agreements, and resolves pre-litigation claims.
Jessica also provides day-to-day counseling to employers in matters such as employment and labor policies, human resources decisions, the drafting of separation agreements, discrimination and harassment complaints, disability accommodation, and retaliation. She is also fluent in Spanish.
Prior to joining the firm, Jessica was an extern for Judge Susan Illston of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. She also clerked for the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Jessica represents employers in all aspects of employment law, including:
- Discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims;
- Whistleblower complaints;
- Negligent hiring and retention claims;
- Defamation, interference with economic relations and other tort claims;
- Wage and hour matters; and
- Compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws including
personnel decisions and human resources matters.
- Represented an elementary school as second chair in a 20-day jury trial resulting in a defense verdict on claims for wrongful termination and defamation;
- Obtained summary judgment from Los Angeles Superior Court on claims of whistleblower retaliation, wrongful termination, and breach of contract;
- Obtained summary judgment from Los Angeles Superior Court on claims of wrongful termination, unpaid overtime, unpaid missed meal breaks, unpaid missed rest breaks and unfair business practices; and
- Obtained summary judgment from Los Angeles Superior Court on claims of sex discrimination, harassment, and retaliation for complaining of discrimination.
Admitted to Practice
- California State Courts
- California - C.D.
- California - S.D.
- California - N.D.
- B.A, University of California, Irvine
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel