Charles practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment on behalf of management. He provides counsel to employers concerning all areas of employment and labor law, including union organizing, employee communications, employment and labor policies, discrimination and retaliation charges, preparation of employer policies and handbooks, and compliance with state and federal employment and labor law.
Prior to joining the firm, Charlie clerked at the trial division of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Harbor Division of the City Attorney’s Office.
Charles represents employers in matters such as:
- Employment and labor policies;
- Compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws;
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements;
- Arbitration of union grievances concerning employee discipline/discharges and contract interpretation disputes;
- Discrimination and retaliation disputes;
- Defending unfair labor practice charges;
- Union representation petitions and organizing campaigns; and
- Wage and hour disputes.
Admitted to Practice
United States District Courts:
- Central District of California
B.A., History, University of California, Los Angeles
- Summa Cum Laude
J.D., UCLA School of Law
- Masin Family Academic Excellence Gold Award Recipient for top performance in Employment Discrimination
- Masin Family Academic Excellence Gold Award Recipient for top performance in Executive Compensation
- The Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles