Amanda represents employers in state and federal court against allegations of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations. She also defends employers in complex wage and hour class actions and PAGA representative actions. She assists employers with complex governmental complaints and investigations, including those conducted by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Amanda provides advice and counsel to clients on relevant California and federal laws and regulations, as well as day-to-day matters including employment policies, employee discipline, terminations, layoffs, disability accommodation, as well as complaints of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Prior to joining the firm, Amanda was a Partner at an Am Law 100 law firm where she practiced employment litigation.
Amanda has successfully defended employers in state and federal court, arbitration, and before state and local agencies. Amanda’s employment experience includes defending employers in single-plaintiff matters involving discrimination, harassment, disability discrimination, failure to accommodate disability, breach of contract, retaliation, whistleblower and wrongful termination claims. She also defends employers in complex wage and hour class actions and PAGA representative actions involving claims of unpaid wages (minimum and overtime), meal and rest period violations, misclassification, rounding, and other California Labor Code violations.
- Obtained dismissal in arbitration hearing on behalf of national healthcare company against sexual harassment and wrongful termination claims.
- Defended international furniture retailer in wage and hour class action alleging off-the-clock work, meal and rest period violations, and unpaid overtime. Successfully executed individual settlement strategy and preemptively defeated plaintiffs’ attempt to certify putative class.
- Defended federally regulated railway carrier in wage and hour class action involving Federal Railway Labor Act preemption issues.
- United States District Court
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- B.A., Sociology, Minor in Art History, University of California, Santa Barbara
- J.D., Whittier Law School
- Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient, 2011 and 2013
- Moot Court Honors Board